ADDICTION MEDICINE BOARD EXAM PREPARATION
Starting in the fall of 2017, the American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM) will offer physicians the opportunity to become certified in the subspecialty of addiction medicine. The first five years that the exam is offered is the optimal time for physicians to become board certified. After that, a one-year addiction medicine fellowship will be required. For more information click HERE.
Save 20% on Board Exam Preparation
Use code "Essentials" at checkout. Discount coupon expires in December 31, 2016
Interactive Self-Assessment Test and Board Review
15 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™
Features an interactive exam preparation with 700 board-style questions as well as 7 hours of video presentations which comprised the Certification Exam Preparation Track at the Addiction Medicine Review Course in Anaheim. Also includes the Addiction Medicine Study Guide.
Essentials of Addiction Medicine Online Course
16.5 AMA/PRA Cetgory 1 CreditsTM
The Essentials of Addiction Medicine Conference consists of 20 lectures: from basic epidemiology, pharmacology, and neurobiology, to the challenge of identifying dependent or at-risk patients across many different treatment settings, from the emergency room to the intensive care unit to private practice. Participants will come away with practical knowledge that can be applied to real-world experiences, as well as the knowledge needed to prepare for the ABMS addiction medicine board exam in the fall.
- Expanding Access to Medication Assisted Treatment Utilizing Nurse Care Managers / Presented by Colleen T. LaBelle, MSN, RN-BC, CARN
- Patient Confidentiality and Medication-Assisted Treatment in California Primary Care Settings / Presented by David Kan, MD and Harry Nelson, JD (Recorded November 18, 2016)
- Office-Based Buprenorphine: Patient Selection, Induction, and Management / Presented by Soraya Azari, MD. Recorded 10/28/2016
- You've Got Your X-Number, Now What? Stratagies to Increase Your Confidence With Buprenorphine Prescribing in Primary Care / Presented by Soraya Azari, MD and Scott Steiger, MD (Recorded June 2, 2016)
- Formulations and Clinical Challenges in Prescribing Buprenorphine / Presented by Matthew Torrington, MD (Recorded 3/8/2016.)
Save the Date: Addiction Medicine State of the Art 2017
August 24 - August 27, 2017
Hilton San Francisco Union Quuare
Early Bird Registration Opens January 2015
The 4-day Conference presents an overview of the latest developments in the field and their relevance to clinical practice presented by top experts in the field. Includes a preparation track for those taking the Addiction Medicine Board Exam
Essentials of Addiction Medicine Conference (Online Course)
Recorded August 24-27, 2016
This conference is one of the nation’s foremost annual gatherings of physicians and other healthcare professionals who specialize in the treatment of Substance Use Disorders and practicing physicians in both primary care and other specialty fields who are seeking an overview of the field of Addiction Medicine. It is recommended as preparation for those sitting for the Addiction Medicine Board Exam.
Register for full course (all lectures)
($595) 16.5 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits
$50 each | 0.75 - 1.0 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credit
Synapse to Society: Addiction Medicine State of the Art
Recorded October 21-24, 2015.
- Full Conference Registration (27 lectures / 16.5 CME)
- List of individual lectures/modules (can be purchased individually)
WORKSHOPS (Recorded October 21, 2015)
(not included in full conference registration)
- From X to Rx: Confronting Real World Obstacles to Buprenorphine Prescribing
- Prescription Drug Abuse: From Gabapentin to Buprenorphine and (Almost) Everything in Between
- Managing Challenges in the Assessment and Treatment of Cannabis Use Disorders
- Spirituality in Recovery: Insights from Non‐Christian Perspectives
Webinars present state of the art clinical information and provide an opportunity to link research to clinical practice.
- You've Got Your X-Number, Now What? Stratagies to Increase Your Confidence With Buprenorphine Prescribing in Primary Care / Presented by Soraya Azari, MD and Scott Steiger, MD (Recorded 6/2/2016)
- Formulations and Clinical Challenges in Prescribing Buprenorphine / Presented by Matthew Torrington, MD (Recorded March 8, 2016)
- Clearing the Air: Marijuana's Effect on Health / Presented by Itai Danovitch, MD
- Naloxone for Opioid Safety: A Tool for Saving Lives / Presented by Phillip Coffin, MD and Eliza Wheeler, MA, MS
- Buprenorphine/Naloxone and Methadone Maintenance Treatment Outcomes for Opioid Analgesic, Heroin and Combined User / Presented by Jennifer Sharpe Potter, PhD, MPH