Marijuana Policy: Issues for Clinicians
At the end of 2015, four states had legalized cannabis posession and this number appears likely to increase in coming years. This activity will review what changes are being seen in states where cannabis has been legalized. Physicians need to be prepared to treat patients with cannabis use disorders and discuss issues that are raised by cannabis legalization. Use patterns by adults and adolescents, ED presentations, new marijuana formulations in states with cannabis legalization will be reviewed.
This module consists of the following lectures:
- Marijuana Legalization: Lessons from Colorado | Tista Ghosh, MD
- Marijuana: New Formulations | Ingeborg Schafhalter-Zoppoth, MD
- Marijuana Legalization: The View from the E.D. | Kennon Heard, MD, PhD
- Evidence and Medical Marijuana | Tauheed Zaman, MD
PRICE/PURCHASE -- $125
You must sign in or register register on this site before purchasing using the link on the upper right corner of this page. Only after registering will you see the "Add to Cart" button. To purchase, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add to Cart."
PHYSICIANS: The California Society of Addiction Medicine (CSAM) is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. CSAM takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
CSAM designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education.
This course has been approved by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM). Physicians enrolled in the ABAM Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program can apply a maximum of 2.0 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™ for completing the Review Course.
Continuing education credit is also available for nurses, psychologists, pharmacists, physician assistants, therapists, and drug abuse counselors.
- Addiction medicine specialists who want an overview of the latest developments in the field and their relevance to clinical practice
- Primary care clinicians who want to get a better understanding of addiction and manage patients with addictions in their practice
- Public health officials who want an understanding of the current state of addiction treatment
- Non-physicians who are involved in the treatment of addiction
- Understand the impact that marijuana legalization in Colorado has had on use by adults and adolescentds, ED visits, populations most effected.
- Understand and discuss with patients the evidence for medical marijuana for different indications.
- Discuss with patients marijuana formulations and dangers associated with them
- Recognize manifestations of marijuana intoxication seen in the E.D.
- Tista Ghosh, MD, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Colorado Department of Public Health
- Kennon Heard, MD, Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine and Chief Section Medical Toxicology and Pharmacology, University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Ingeborg Schafhalter-Zoppoth, MD, Associate Director, Family Health Clinic, California Pacific Medical Center
- Tauheed Zaman, MD, Clinical Fellow, UCSF School of Medicine
Dr. Heard has research grants from McNeil Consumer Healtcare and Rare Disease Therapeutics
None of the other speakers have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
|Sharone Abramowitz, MD||No relevant financial Relationship to disclose|
|Anthony Albanese, MD, FASAM||No relevant financial Relationship to disclose|
|Chwen-Yuen (Angie) Chen, MD||No relevant financial Relationship to disclose|
|Helen Py Driscoll, MD||No relevant financial Relationship to disclose|
|Murtuza Ghadiali, MD||No relevant financial Relationship to disclose|
|Anna Lembke, MD||No relevant financial Relationship to disclose|
|Claudia Landau, MD||No relevant financial Relationship to disclose|
|Jean Marsters, MD||No relevant financial Relationship to disclose|
|Thomas Meeks, MD||No relevant financial Relationship to disclose|
|Ingeborg Schafhalter-Zoppoth, MD||No relevant financial Relationship to disclose|
- 2.00 AMA Category 1