Pain, Suffering, and Addiction | R. Corey Waller, MD
This lecture covers the intersection of pain, suffering and addiction. Neurobiology, behaviors associated with pain and addiction, and treatment options are discussed.
PRICE/PURCHASE -- $50
You must sign in or register register on this site before purchasing using the link on the upper right corner of this page. Only after registering will you see the "Add to Cart" button. To purchase, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add to Cart."
PHYSICIANS: The California Society of Addiction Medicine (CSAM) is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. CSAM takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
CSAM designates this live educational activity for a maximum of .75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education.
This course has been approved by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM). Physicians enrolled in the ABAM Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program can apply a maximum of 0.75 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™ for completing the Review Course.
Continuing education credit is also available for nurses, psychologists, pharmacists, physician assistants, therapists, and drug abuse counselors.
- Addiction medicine specialists who want an overview of the latest developments in the field and their relevance to clinical practice
- Primary care clinicians who want to get a better understanding of addiction and manage patients with addictions in their practice
- Public health officials who want an understanding of the current state of addiction treatment
- Non-physicians who are involved in the treatment of addiction
R. Corey Waller MD, MS, FACEP, DFASAM
Senior Medical Director, Education and Policy, Camden Coalition of Healthcare providers.
Dr. Waller has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 0.75 Attendance
- 0.75 AMA Category 1
After viewing this lecture participants should be able to
- Understand the common neurobiology underlying pain and addiction
- Treat patients with complicated behaviors related to pain and addictions
- Assess behavioral and pharmacologic treatment of pain