Co-Occurring Substance Use and Mental Disorders | Steven Eickelberg, MD
This lecture reviews:
- Factors affecting comorbidity
PRICE/PURCHASE -- $50
You must sign in or register register on this site before purchasing using the link on the upper right corner of this page. Only after registering will you see the "Add to Cart" button. To purchase, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add to Cart."
PHYSICIANS: The California Society of Addiction Medicine (CSAM) is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. CSAM takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
CSAM designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education.
This course has been approved by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM). Physicians enrolled in the ABAM Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program can apply a maximum of 1 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™ for completing the Review Course.
Continuing education credit is also available for nurses, psychologists, pharmacists, physician assistants, therapists, and drug abuse counselors.
- Addiction medicine specialists who want an overview of the latest developments in the field and their relevance to clinical practice
- Primary care clinicians who want to get a better understanding of addiction and manage patients with addictions in their practice
- Public health officials who want an understanding of the current state of addiction treatment
- Non-physicians who are involved in the treatment of addiction
Steven Eickelberg, MD, DFASAM, FAPA
Dr. Steven J. Eickelberg, an addiction psychiatrist, serves as Medical Director and Director of the addiction medical fellowship at the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, California. Dr. Eickelberg serves on the Executive Council of the California Society of Addiction Medicine (CSAM). He is the President of the Medical Education and Research Foundation for the Treatment of Addiction (MERF), an organization that focuses on educating physicians about addiction. In 2014 The California Society of Addiction Medicine presented Dr. Eickelberg with the Vernelle Fox Award.
Dr. Eickelberg has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 AMA Category 1
At the end of this activity learner should be more competent in the diagnosis and treatment of co-occurring psychiatric disorders and addiction, including:
- Distribution/epidemiology of co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
- Impact of co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders on treatment outcomes.
- Principles of providing integrated/collaborative concurrent treatment of patients with co-occuring mental and substance use disorders.
- DSM 5 classification of co-occuring mental health and substance use disorders; including understanding the importance of identifying independent and/or substance-induced mental disorders in patients with substance use disorders.